CHIROPODY is a clinical aspect of Podiatry.
Podiatrists / Chiropodists are degree trained and qualified to work within the private and public health sectors to undertake routine clinical work to maintain the health of patients’ feet.
Practitioners attend to all of the common conditions that affect the leg and foot, including:
- Routine care of nail conditions, Skincare in general
- Treatment of Verrucas, Corns, Callus
- Some mechanical functional problems of the lower leg and/or foot…
They are trained to recognise foot and leg conditions, treat appropriately, and refer when necessary.
Podiatrists / Chiropodists often work with other healthcare professionals for the health and well-being of their patients and customers.
What happens at your first appointment?
Firstly, it is important to note that you do not require a referral to receive foot care at our practice..
However, should any other medical condition be aggravating your foot condition then the more information you can give our resident Chiropodist, Karen Mansell the better..
- Attain consent to examination & treatment (post technique explanation).
- A comprehensive history of your condition and, also your general medical history is taken.
- Findings are recorded and then a discussion around any proposed treatment plan with you is completed.
- Treatment is commenced or even completed at your first appointment.
- If a follow-up appointment is required then Karen will discuss and plan with you.