Osteopathy is a safe and effective form of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for a wide range of health problems ranging from back pain to neurological pain. The aim is to help restore movement and function and reduce pain.
Osteopaths are highly trained primary health care professionals that can work with patients of all ages. We use a number of treatment techniques tailored to the individual needs of the patient.
An Osteopath will combine a number of treatment methods:
These hands on techniques will focus on stretching soft tissues, releasing tension, improving the range of joint motion, and mobilisation.
Designed to help relieve or manage pain, keep active and return to normal activity
Your therapist may give you some simple rehabilitation exercises to do in your own home.
Our areas of specialism include:
- Paediatrics (the care of children)
- Maternity (the care of pregnant women)
- Respiratory (breathing/chest)
- Care of the elderly
- Sports Injury/Therapy
- Women & men’s health
- Musculoskeletal (skeletal frame, joints, muscles, ligaments, discs, nerves, fascial)
For us here at HTC general Osteopathy would include general body movement, pain & sensation complaints for patients ranging in age from newborns to advanced senior years & could include conditions ranging from general lower backache, knee pains, RSI conditions, neck pains, shoulder pains, hip & thigh issues, headaches, hand, wrist or forearm issues to more specific conditions such as Osteoarthritis, Rheumatism, Fibromyalgia or Osteoporosis.
What happens at your first appointment?
Your Osteopath will:
- Take a full medical history
- Discuss the condition you wish to be treated and also your desired outcome/target(s)
- Carry out tests to examine the condition
- Discuss the proposed treatment plan
- Initiate your treatment