CHIROPODY is a clinical aspect of Podiatry.
Podiatrists/Chiropodists are degree trained and qualified to work within the private and public health sectors to undertake routine clinical work to maintain the health of patients’ feet.
Practitioners attend to all of the common conditions that affect the leg and foot, including:
- Routine care of nail conditions, Skincare in general
- Treatment of Verrucas, Corns, Callus
- Some mechanical functional problems of the lower leg and/or foot…
They are trained to recognise foot and leg conditions, treat them appropriately, and refer when necessary.
Podiatrists/Chiropodists often work with other healthcare professionals for the health and well-being of their patients and customers.
Just think about what your feet go through in a lifetime. So, it is really important to maintain their health. If you suffer from foot pain, you will know how everyday tasks can become a real challenge. Many foot problems are linked to other health conditions, so it is essential we have a comprehensive history of any medical conditions you may have or had in the past.
Our practitioners will not only treat your condition but help you to understand and care for it better.
What happens at your first appointment?
Firstly, it is important to note that you do not require a referral to receive foot care at our practice..
However, should any other medical condition be aggravating your foot condition then the more information you can give our resident Chiropodist, Karen Mansell the better..
- Attain consent to examination & treatment (post technique explanation).
- A comprehensive history of your condition and, also your general medical history is taken.
- Findings are recorded and then a discussion around any proposed treatment plan with you is completed.
- Treatment is commenced or even completed at your first appointment.
- If a follow-up appointment is required then Karen will discuss and plan with you.