General Osteopathy Medway
Osteopathy is a safe and effective form of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for a wide range of health problems ranging from neck, back or lower limb pain to neurological symptoms to functional and structural developmental difficulties in infants. The aim is to help restore movement and function and reduce pain.
We offer Osteopathy Medway locals can rely on to help with a wide range of health problems in a calming, caring and professional atmosphere. When looking into Osteopathy Medway residents should be sure to do their research and choose a practise with the experience and training required to perform the diagnosis and treatment necessary. Our Osteopaths are highly trained primary health care professionals that can work with patients of all ages. We use a number of treatment techniques tailored to the individual needs of the patient.
An Osteopath will combine a number of treatment methods:
These hands on techniques will focus on stretching soft tissues, releasing tension, improving the range of joint motion, and mobilisation.
Designed to help relieve or manage pain, keep active and return to normal activity
Your therapist may give you some simple rehabilitation exercises to do in your own home.
Our areas of specialism include:
- Paediatrics (the care of children) especially infants
- Maternity (the care of pregnant women)
- Respiratory (breathing/chest)
- Spinal Conditions including Headaches / Neck disorders
- TMJ (Jaw) disorders
- Women & men’s health
- Musculoskeletal (skeletal frame, joints, muscles, ligaments, discs, nerves, fascial)
For us here at HTC, our general Osteopathy in Medway would include general body movement, pain & sensation complaints for patients ranging in age from newborns to advanced senior years & could include conditions ranging from general lower backache, knee pains, RSI conditions, neck pains, shoulder pains, hip & thigh issues, headaches, hand, wrist or forearm issues to more specific conditions such as Osteoarthritis, Rheumatism, Fibromyalgia or Osteoporosis.
What happens at your first appointment?
Your Osteopath will:
- Attain consent (post techniques explanation) for examination / treatment
- Take a full medical history
- Discuss the condition you wish to be treated and also your desired outcome/target(s)
- Carry out tests to examine the condition
- Discuss the proposed treatment plan
- Initiate your treatment
For professional Osteopathy in Medway please give us a call to discuss treatment or book an appointment – we would love to speak with you.